Summer Cravings

even a longsleeve jersey, two wooly sweaters and a faux fur snood won't keep me warm these days


God it is ab-solutly freezing outside. Like, LITERALLY. I just about froze my thumb of taking outfit pictures, I feel so daft going out and exposing myself to the cold for some stupid shots of my stupid outfit GOSH. I was foolish for wishing to get some real winter over hiya just last week or maybe two weeks ago I don't remember. POINT IS I was foolish, and I'm cold, and I wish it was summer alreadz!

Stupid internet is tempting me with its sales and summer collections and I'm in that mindset again where you dream of rolling out of the bed with perfectly tan, smooth legs that won't need to be covered up with layers of socks, tights and boots. And it might just be me, but my hair always looks better in the summertime. It just DOES! When the sun is a-shining, my life gets like a bajillion times easier. Everything is fun during summer. Well except maybe for people who use redundant twitter hashtags like #fun, seriously people? Will you ever connect to other people just because you talk about #fun stuff? WILL YOU? WHO CARES YO

But to get to the point, I'm preparing my wardrobe for summer. I don't buy heaps of new stuff (since I ain't rich and I already have way too much crap) but I do like to buy extras of those things I know I can't live without during the warmer months: dresses and sandals. These are some of my sales buys to prepare me for summer: a denim dungaree dress, a grungy babydoll (both H&M), a retro floral dress (Mango via ASOS) and some basic, frumpy H&M sandals (I lurv frumpy sandals with my dresses)

disclaimer: I suck at photoshop
And now I'm drooling over these Carvela beauties:



GOSH so cute! But I could never ever pay 80€ for some plastic sandals, I mean SERIOUSLY talk about overpriced? I hope they'll go down a LOT and then I'll pounce on that shit like peanutbutter on jelly. Colorful flat sandals are utterly irresistible in my book, just imagine how cute they'd look with my Primark Lemon dress :(

But for now, summer and sandals are out of reach. So I'm just reposting these summery images, not because I don't have a new outfit to show you guys but because I really love these pictures and I wish it was summer right now.



D-d-d-d-don't forget to comment on my post about feminism, I need all the feedback/questions I can get for my feminism 101 post this weekend! :D

What do you miss most about summer? For me it's all about bare feet and legs.

22 comments

  1. Simply the sun warming you up completely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You make me miss Summer (yes it deserves a capital!) soo much! I love it that you can just put on practically nothing to go outside, the sun on your face, warm limbs (I think my hands & feet died a while ago, they feel corpsy all the time).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat sta je toch weer prachtig op die eerste foto !

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, summer. I loved that white dress on you. I remember that beautiful post well - and goodness, you look gorgeous in that first photo. Love the touch of faux fur. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grappig, ik dacht vandaag nog wat een overgroot respect ik heb voor postbodes, vuilnismannen en stylebloggers die de kou trotseren om hun foto's te nemen. Ik zou toch binnenshuis op zoek gaan naar een fotohoekje want het wordt alleen nog kouder deze week! (Yes, dat wil zeggen: schaatsen op natuurijs! Nu ja, eerst nog een examen maken en dan schaatsen.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss my summer dresses! And my hair not turning into a dreadlock every time I wear a scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ik kan niet eens schaatsen, NIETS IS GOED AAN DE WINTER :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Know what you wish for, bitch! Nu zitten we hier te bevriezen :p Ik wil ook zomerrr, lekker waaaarm enazoe. Cherry Blossom heeft die Carvela's é, in twee kleuren zelfs :O

    ReplyDelete
  9. waar denkt ge dat ik ze ontdekt heb :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally miss summer right about now too. I love the easiness of summer, throw on a cute dress, sandals and you're good to go!! Being able to walk around late at night with just a light sweater and be comfortable. I really love those pictures of you, so pretty!!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh ik vind deze temperaturen belachelijk! Het is februari, kans verkeken, winter! Maar nee :(
    Gelukkig spendeer ik de komende week in Marokko, waar het hopelijk wél warm en zonnig is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Die roze sandaaltjes zijn GEWELDIG maar 80 euro is echt wel overdreven!! Die laatste foto is denk ik echt mijn lievelingsfoto van jou! En zeker op dit moment geeft deze foto me een goed gevoel.:D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait till summer! i'm already wearing my summeroutfits with 2 pairs of stockings!
    Love the sandals! Found some sandals with a bow in pull & bear last year! for a lot less money! :)

    Love, A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ontdekte je blog een minuutje geleden dankzij een Absolutely Mrs. K-post. Vind die roze sandaaltjes zooooo mooi, wel jammer voor de prijs. Leuk kleedje trouwens! Volg je nu. Much love, Merve

    ReplyDelete
  15. Die eerste foto van je is prachtig!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Porch sittin' & beer drinkin' is what I miss about summer...
    PS: Your photoshop skillz are on point!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ik kan ook niet schaatsen hoor. That is to say, als mensen me meevragen naar een binnenschaatsbaan weiger ik steeds halsstarrig, maar als het zo lang vriest krijg ik flashbacks naar m'n kindertijd waar ik van die schattige schaatsjes met twee blades had en achter de slee mocht hangen terwijl die door grote broer getrokken werd. Waarschijnlijk denk ik als ik zondag of maandag op het ijs sta "why the f* dacht ik dat dit leuk zou zijn?!"

    ReplyDelete
  18. die sandaaltjes zijn super cute inderdaad!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ik snap je volledig! Nu m'n examens gedaan zijn, kan de lente en vooral de zomer er niet snel genoeg zijn. Nuja, eerst nog even bevriezen dan maar... En die zomerse foto van je is echt geweldig, nu zak ik even nog dieper in m'n winterdepressie en verlangen naar temperaturen die vergezeld worden van jurkjes, sandalen en ijsjes.
    Superblog trouwens :)

    XO Aline
    browneyedgirlaline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I miss being able to actually style my hair, and not worry about my tuque mucking it all up. And I miss having my screen door open onto the terrace and having a nice breeze blowing through my apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. SLEEËN, dar heb ik nog es zin in! das veel leuker! schaatsen ziet er alleen maar leuk uit, vooral met mooie schaatsjes :(

    ReplyDelete