Review: DUO Strip Lash Adhesive and Eylure Naturalites Lengthening Lashes

Hi people! I hope you had a lovely Saturday. I've mostly been doing all those boring-but-necessary things you don't have time for during the work week. But I also had some time on my hands to have some make up fun! Eyeshadow! False lashes! BRING. IT. ON. 

My weapons of choice: the DUO clear eyelash adhesive (finally got my hands on a tube!) and the Eylure Naturalites lengthening lashes 060. If you are apprehensive about using falsies, the Naturalites are absolutely your way to go. Fluttery light on the lid, understated and just the bit of added oomph to boost a look from beautiful to otherworldly (modest? me?). Btw, if you are looking for false lashes or lash glue, I've got THE place for you. Falseeylashes.co.uk has like, ANYTHING you might want from brands like Eylure, Ardell, DUO and co, shipping for just 3£ (about 4€). Including stuff you might not find as easily locally. Bookmark that shit!




Now, I have heard all kinds of amazing things about the Duo eyelash adhesive, but sadly my experience was less than stellar. I expected the glue to stick straight away and last me longer than the glue that comes with Eylure lashes, but nope. I did everything right, including waiting for the glue to get tacky (30-40 secs), not having oily eyelids, carefully positioning them... But the lashes just would not stick! I also didn't like the fact that it comes in a squeezy-tube like toothpaste. Much harder to use than the Eylure adhesive that has a wand (sort of like nailpolish) to coat the strip in glue. Booh :( I ended up simply using the Eylure glue and I really much prefer it. Well, I guess that's a good thing since I won't have to buy separate strip lash adhesive anymore, I'll just use the one I get with my Eylures.

Let's get on to the results!




Before - After. Look at that. Gorgeous or what?



Products: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream, Catrice matte brown eyeshadow on brows, Barry M Dazzle Dust in Electric Blue, the metallic white on my Park Avenue Pink Quattro pallette, Maybelline Volum' Express mascara, Hema Mineral Powder and the Body Shop highlighter/blush duo. Lipstick: don't remember!


They make me feel like a vintage beauty queen. ALL thumbs up!

So, have you tried the Duo lash adhesive? WHY DOESN'T IT WORK FOR ME? :(

5 comments

  1. They're so pretty! I actually thought about buying a pair of those a little bit ago. Now I'll have to pick some up next time I'm at the store. I think I used the Duo adhesive back in my high school theatre days and it worked for me. Maybe you just got a bad batch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fascinating for me

    http://caramengobatipenyakitjantungkoroner.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah love! So dramatic. I feel like I'd glue my eyes shut if I ever tried falsies haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. the glue isn't nearly strong enough for you to risk that, haha :D

    ReplyDelete