Tattoo Trouble

tattoo watercolor flower dotwork

Source: pinterest

So, I guess you have a clue what today's post is about. Ink. Tattoos. I've been thinking about getting a permanent drawing on my skin for quite some time now, but the past few months things have been getting more concrete. I have been googling artists, styles and inspirations regarding placement. Right now, I'm pretty sure I want a medium sized (like 10x15 cm) tattoo just below my shoulder, so it can peek out from sleeveless tops. With regards to the drawing, I want something pretty, aesthetically. Purely ornamental. Flowers, most likely. 

The only things I'm still in doubt about is the style, and the artist. Obviously those two are tied together. I know I don't like thick black lines or a retro tattoo style, and I don't like anything cartoonish, overly frilly or fanciful either. But how would you describe the style of the pictures I featured above? Minimalism? I know the colour effect is called watercolour, but I have no idea how to find an artist that would be able to create something in the style I like. Right now I'm leaning towards black and white, perhaps to add colour in the future.

Anyway, if anyone has any tattoo artists to recommend or tips for me to find one that would suit my needs: THANKS SO MUCH!

EDIT: I now know 100% what I want. I want this exact drawing. I'm open for a different flower, but apart from that I absolutely in love with the pointillist style and the small hint of colour. Now all I need is to find the right artist and book an appointment! Tips very much welcome!
 

tattoo inspiration lily dotwork

21 comments

  1. No surprise I comment on your post! :)) Listening Indila - Dernière Danse, on a dark day - oh but nothing brightens up my eyes more like a nice flower tattoo :D I am a bit subjective :))
    I am really curious to see what you will get. I am sure any tattoo artist can get you what you want. I loved the fact that the guy I went to was 100& honest with me and told me that the exact tattoo I wanted wont look good on my skin, in the specific area I wanted, and now I am sure he was right. So speak to one in your area and see what they advice you. That's the thing that actually motivated me to step on my fears and get it. The atmosphere in the saloon, the cool chillax great guy , the music and the walls covered in many drawings convinced me that I WANT IT!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik vind die aquarel tattoos altijd zo mooi! Daar krijg ik echt zin van om een sleeve te laten zetten, maar dat is zo all over the place... Zelf zou ik graag een hamsa met evil eye willen laten zetten ofwel op dezelfde plek als op deze foto ofwel op mijn ribben. We zien wel, ik vind het momenteel nog een te grote stap om het er daadwerkelijk te laten zetten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd recommend San from Deuil Merveilleux tattoo studio in Brussels: http://www.colouredskins.com/ She is amazing when it comes to subtle, delicate designs in black and white with only slight touches of colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jaaaa dat vind ik ook heel mooi! ik heb er zo eentje ook al gepind: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/238550111486145573/

    Die stijl vind ik ook heel mooi, maar ik zou dan eerder iets mandala/lotus achtigs nemen a la dit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/158329743124084168/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, die vind ik allebei heel mooi. Het is simpel, maar toch heel speciaal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep, ik hou ook wel van simpel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik heb zelf drie tattoo's (ja, al drie, wth serieus verslavend dat) waarvan eentje in mijn nek achteraan (mijn haar hangt er meestal over: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/244601823481494589/), eentje op mijn heup (ook onzichtbaar dus: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/244601823481495987/) en sinds een paar maanden ook eentje op mijn linkerribben (die staat op instagram, maar de site ligt plat :) ). Allemaal redelijk fijn en simpel, alleen die op mijn heup is misschien iets 'zwaarder'...

    Ik heb mezelf altijd de regel opgelegd om minstens een volledig jaar zeker te zijn van ontwerp en plaats voor ik ze daadwerkelijk liet zetten. Vind ik maar normaal...
    Ik kan Body Design in Gent wel aanraden, al is dat misschien een beetje ver vanuit A'pen.

    Kan me helemaal vinden in jouw 'minimalistische' stijl trouwens. Ik vind de kleuren ook mooi maar durf er me voorlopig niet aan wagen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. De links naar je pinterest werken niet!! ik ben nieuwsgierig!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Die eerste vind ik echt heel cool, ben zelf iets minder voor die aquarel kleuren maar het heeft wel iets in dat onderste voorbeeld. Echt cool dat je het gaat doen! Ik heb nog altijd teveel mogelijke ideeën :p Het pointillisme in je voorbeeld vind ik wel echt iets origineels

    ReplyDelete
  10. pointillisme is iets wat ik altijd al heel mooi heb gevonden!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wat raar, gisteren kon ik ze wel openklikken!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Je moet de tattoos van deze artiest eens checken: http://instagram.com/sophie_su_anika zij werkt heel veel met pointillisme! Zij heeft ook deze fijne ijsbeer gezet http://instagram.com/p/jhfn_SOOMF/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ik vind die waterachtige flower tattoos echt wel mooi (bv die van de onderarmen). Benieuwd naar het resultaat :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. jaaaa weet ik, heb al geprobeerd een afspraak bij haar te maken maar ze vertrekt binnenkort op wereldreis en zit tot dan volgeboekt :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oei, raar. Hier heb je ze nog eens en ook de link naar instagram:
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/244601823481494589/
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/244601823481495987/
    http://instagram.com/p/l7ZeY-tIQR/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Misschien moet je eens proberen bij Susanne König? Haar instagram: http://instagram.com/suflanda. Ze zit nu bij Salon Serpent in Amsterdam :)
    Ik denk dat dit helemaal up her alley is en dat zij er iets heel moois van zal kunnen maken!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh I love the look of that tattoo! I want one as well - I know it is going to be Harry Potter or LOTR related but WHERE to put it and WHAT to have is the issue. Yayyy tattoos!

    Kirsten | kirstenlearns.com

    ReplyDelete

  18. Mark Boyle van Nothibg Sacred Tattoo, werkt regelmatig in de Dorpsstraat in Hasselt. King of pointilism! Zelf enorm content van.

    ReplyDelete