Beauty: Dior Tie Dye summer collection - reviewed and swatched

If there is one thing that I enjoy doing every single day, it's my make up. I love grabbing my tubes, bottles, palettes, pencils and brushes, sitting down at the edge of our bathtub, and doing my make up in front of my small mirror placed in front of the window so I can use natural light. Make up is one of my favourite hobbies. And I have to admit I let out a literal squeal when I received a parcel from Dior containing a selection of their Tie Dye themed summer make up collection. Nothing elates a beauty buff like getting a box full of gorgeous goodies to experiment with, take pretty pictures of and to review for other make up enthousiasts.

Especially when the collection is as stunning as this one.

Dior Tie Dye summer collection: swatches and reviews

Because this post will be long and detailed with me talking about ALL the products in this shot, I inserted a page break. More after the jump!


First up, the product that embodies the Tie Dye name best: this gorgeous Diorskin Nude Tan Tie Dye Edition blush in 001 Pink Sunrise. Just look at that playful mix of colours following a tie dye pattern in the pan, mixing the palest of pink with two blush tones and one muted, shimmery purple. If this was a pattern on clothing, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Of course, you mix the colours together to create the colour you will see on your cheeks, but no one really wants tie dye cheeks anyway (right?). And the compact is absolutely stunning. It comes with a complementary kabuki brush, but I wouldn't recommend using it because it's a bit too stiff, loosening up too much powder and causing product waste.

Diorskin nude tan tie dye edition blush in 001 Pink Sunrise: swatch and review

The colour you end up with is a natural baby pink that looks very flattering on my fair skintone. I doubt this would show up on people with a darker complexion than mine, it really is a light blush. It has a subtle amount of sparkle, which I always love in a blush.

dior tie dye blush in 001 pink sunrise: swatch and review

Diorskin Nude Tan Tie Dye Edition 001 Pink Sunrise costs €60,27 - also available in 002 Coral Sunset for darker or warmer complexions. Both limited edition.
 
Dior summer vernis in 319 Sunwashed and Top Coat Tie Dye: swatch and review

Next up, the Dior Summer Vernis. I received some Dior nail polish around Christmas (for a review of the Dior Golden Shock holiday collection, click here), and I have had time to repeatedly test the quality of the products since then. I usually go for cheap nail polishes, because I would much rather spend my money on clothing than on polish, but I have to honestly admit that the difference between Dior and your regular drugstore brand is noticeable. The formula is thick but easy to work with, dries super quickly and doesn't chip for at least four days, while my other polishes rarely survive one day without deteriorating. I am not a huge fan of yellow nail polish, but 319 Sunwashed's milky lemon colour is pretty unique. It takes three coats to get rid of streakiness, but that's to be expected with pastel polishes, and because the Dior Summer vernis dries so quickly, applying three coats and waiting for it to dry takes about as long as one to two coats with a regular polish. And the yellow has totally grown on me because it makes my skin look more tan and because it matches all my outfits. Thumbs up!

I was very excited to try the Tie Dye topcoat, hoping for it to make nail art easy, but that was a bit of a let down. I do love the grenadine syrup colour and consistency, the sheerness and the idea. However, it doesn't do much on its own. You'd have to use it to tie together some more elaborate nail art underneath to really have a neat effect, because the brush does not allow for meticulous application in case you'd want to draw on a tie dye effect. Layered over Sunwashed, it produces a peachy coral end result which looks OK, but is nothing special.

Dior Summer vernis in 319 Sunwashed €27 and 870 Top Coat Tie Dye €27,30 - limited edition

On to the lip products.

Dior Addict tie dye lipstick in 002 coral trip and 005 fuchsia utopua: swatches and reviews

I got the Dior Addict Tie Dye lipsticks in 002 Coral Trip and 005 Fuchsia Utopia. These lipsticks are sheer, like a balm, and they do require frequent reapplication, but still offer plenty pigmentation. The colour is pretty, but the design is what sets these apart and makes them collector's items: that iridescent tube! The different coloured CD logo that runs through the lipstick! So, so pretty. I would have preferred to see a lipstick with two different colours placed next to each other, leaving the user the option of mixing the two or creating a gradient lip effect (something like this - I'm obsessed with the gradient lip look!). But the Dior Addict tie dye lipsticks are gorgeous as is, and totally something you throw in your purse to reapply during the day - fawning over its pretty tube every time you pull it out.

Dior Addict Tie Dye lipsticks in 002 Coral Trip and 005 Fuchsia Utopia €36,90 - limited edition
 
Dior Addict fluid lipstick in 449 Ciel Rose - swatch and review

I was even more in love with the Dior Addict Fluid Lipstick packaging, if that were possible. How cool is that lipstick-encased-in-acrylic-tube design? Especially if, when you pull it out, there's actually a gloss wand in there? So cool. The 449 Ciel Rose colour is incredibly flattering, fitting right into my obsession with rose brown/rosewood lipsticks, but slightly more vibrant - perfect for summer! The feel on the lips is also incredible: smooth, wet, very opaque and non-sticky. It doesn't leave a stain and does require frequent touch-ups.

Dior Addict Fluid Lipstick 449 Ciel Rose €38,03

Finally, my favourite of the collection.

Dior 5 couleurs eyeshadow palette in 747 Ambre Nuit: swatches and review

Ugh. I always fall for the eyeshadows. I love palettes with different colours because they inspire me to create more elaborate make up looks than I normally would, and they are great for travel - this beautiful 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in 746 Ambre Nuit is absolutely coming with me to Puerto Rico! Let's move in for a close up.

Dior 5 couleurs eyeshadow palette in 747 Ambre Nuit: swatches and review

I have been crushing on everything and anything rose gold lately, especially beautywise, and this quint makes me swoon. A beautiful neutral highlighter, two shimmery/satin colours and two (seemingly) matte shades? Perfect for a multitude of sins, daytime or nighttime. But the real beauty comes through when you swatch the colours.

Dior 5 couleurs eyeshadow palette in 747 Ambre Nuit: swatches and review

Pigmentation: superb. Fallout: none. And the shades are all unique. The top left is actually my favourite, although it doesn't photograph well: a peachy colour with a modest gold sheen, reminding me of pale goldfish. The middle highlighter colour is perfect, everything I want in a highlighter. The bottom left shade is striking because of its golden brown with actual gold flecks throughout, and the two amber tones on the right are perfect complementary shades because they are similar yet different because of the top right offering a gorgeous dirty gold sheen, while the bottom right is more dusty. Swoonworthy. And very flattering on my eye colour.

rose gold metallic smokey eye

Beautiful! I used the highlighter in the inner corner of the eye, the top left peachy gold all over the lid up to my brow bone, and the top right dusty gold was used as a transition colour between the middle of the eyelid and the outer corner. Finally, the gold-flecked dark brown was applied in the outer corner, in a V shape towards and throughout the crease. The shades were supremely blendable and remained vibrant and in place throughout the day - no creasing!

5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette 746 Ambre Nuit €60,85

Dior Tie Dye summer collection: swatches and review

And this is a full look of me rocking the blush, the fluid lipstick and the eyeshadow palette. These pictures more clearly show the gorgeous rose gold/coppery top left eyeshadow - stunner!


And this is me wearing another look featuring the collection: Coral Trip on the lips, Pink Sunrise on the cheeks, and a gold smokey eye using the top right and bottom left eyeshadows of the 5 Couleurs palette. Oh, and I'm wearing the print I used as a backdrop for this post - yeay for consistency!

This is definitely a collection that is gorgeous in every single way, high quality, and very flattering on my colouring. I would most highly recommend the eyeshadow palette and one of the lip products - the eyeshadow palette because it is top quality, and the lip products because they are simply stunning to own and to use.

Hope you enjoyed my review! Which if the products is your fav? :-)

6 comments

  1. Supermooie foto's! :D En die ondergrond hihi multifunctioneel :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dat doe ik altijd, als ik een tof nieuw printje heb is dat ideaal voor product reviews :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ja haha ik ook ze :D maar nu viel het mij gewoon op. Oh deze collectie is toch echt zo mooi he, nice job van Dior! Ik denk mijn favoriet tot nu toe, just too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretttttty! da palette is niiii normaal mooi van kleur en pigment

    ReplyDelete