Outfit: floral midi skirt, crop top and Birkenstocks

outfit: crop top, vintage floral midi skirt and Salina Birkenstocks


outfit: crop top, vintage floral midi skirt and Salina Birkenstocks
Polette sunglasses, Diamanti Per Tutti rings
outfit: crop top, vintage floral midi skirt
outfit: crop top, vintage floral midi skirt and Salina Birkenstocks
midi skirt and Salina Birkenstocks
outfit: crop top, vintage floral midi skirt and Salina Birkenstocks
crop top: ASOS - skirt: vintage - handbag: And Other Stories - sandals: Salina Birkenstocks - sunglasses: Tiara frames c/o Polette - watch: c/o Daniel Wellington - rings: Diamanti Per Tutti
pictures by Natasja

Ah, the joys of a casual workplace! Birkenstocks, crop tops: no issue in my office. I enjoy this to the max, because I like to dress as temperature-appropriate as possible. Big, snuggly sweaters in winter, and flowy and baring some skin when it's summer in the city. I will always love a good crop top + flowy midi skirt combination, so classically feminine yet still quite casual and relaxed. I've been leaning more towards feminine elegance in my outfits lately. Might be because I'm almost 28 (holla!), or because I've noticed my figure becoming ever so slightly fuller over the past two years or so. Can't say that I love it all the time (who is in love with themselves 24/7, amirite?), but recently I've been having a lot of moments where I look at myself and think "damn girl, you juicy". Especially when I'm embracing my newfound hourglass figure in the way I dress. I've always thought of myself as having a rather lanky, boyish shape, but turns out I had some curves and softness that was just waiting to be discovered!

I'm still contemplating whether this skirt is coming with me to Puerto Rico or not. Vibrant colour and flowy cotton says yes, longer hemline says no - fabric retains more heat than no fabric, so I'll probably go for shorter hemlines. I'll try to put together another capsule wardrobe post on how to pack for a conference bringing as few pieces as possible. I really liked the post I did last year, and since I'll be attending a professional event in tropical temperatures, I'm pretty sure my experiences will benefit someone else in the future googling "how the hell do I survive 33° humid weather while still looking polished".

Stay tuned!

7 comments

  1. What a beautiful spring/summer outfit. Stunning!

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik heb het probleem 'hoe er classy en businesslike uit te zien' al hier in België bij 23 graden. En volgende maand ga ik naar Napels op conferentie, dus een post die je voorstelt zal hier met veel interesse gelezen worden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik vind het heel mooi hoe al dat zomerse in je rok zit en vooral met die achtergrond. Mooie outfit :) ik kijk in ieder geval al uit naar je outfits in PR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you really styled this outfit well!! You look amazing.

    leezeer is coupons website: amazon coupons, snapmade coupons, zaful coupons and so on.''''

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh echt een leuke en zomerse outfit! love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful skirt!

    ReplyDelete