Beauty: Orly Epix 2 step flexible colour in Special Effects

Ugh I've been snowed under at work and unable to keep up my blog duties, but here I am, finding some time to share some content with you guys! And it's good content: today I'm going to show you the only nail polish that has ever stayed impeccable on my nails for multiple days. Say hello to the Orly EPIX 2 step flexible colour. I ordered it in Special Effects for reviewing purposes, and it's been my go-to nail colour ever since. I mean, it's a pretty colour that goes with everything (kind of like a nude with a little extra), AND it lasts and lasts. Check it out!

Orly Epix 2 step flexible colour in Special Effects: review


The Orly Epix line comes in a wide range of colours and should be applied in two layers: first, you apply a couple of layers of the colour (I use three coats for Special Effects), and after allowing it to dry, I finish with with a coat of the sealcoat. Easy peasy, and it dries quite fast.

Orly Epix 2 step flexible colour in Special Effects: review

The brush is narrow, which I've noticed I prefer. Wide brushes work fast, but never as accurately as narrow nail polish brushes.

Orly Epix 2 step flexible colour in Special Effects: review

And here's the colour in natural light! A beautiful, sandy gold holo. The true beauty shines through when your new mani catches some direct light, or when you use flash photography. Damn, I love holographic polish.

Orly Epix 2 step flexible colour in Special Effects: review

SQUEE. I mean, how gorgeous are those multi colour shimmers? Gorgeous. 

Let me sum up the things I love about Orly Epix:

  1. The line is basically dent-proof thanks to its flexible colour formula
  2. The top coat gives it a gel-polish-like flawless shine that keeps your manicure looking fresh that lasts until you remove the polish from your nails
  3. You can simply remove the polish with regular nail polish remover 
  4. The formula seriously LASTS. The brand claims it should last for a week, and that's obviously an exaggeration. But! I get at least three days of virtually perfect nails out of this polish, and when it starts to deteriorate, it doesn't chip or go dull. It just sort of subtly starts wearing off at the tip, making it possible to go for about 5 days before switching it up. Pretty sensational in my book.

Orly Epix 2 step flexible colour in Special Effects: review

On my middle finger, you see what I mean: the colour is slightly wearing off at the tip, but the polish still looks amazing. It's the glossy finish that sets it apart from other polishes. No other nail polish I've tried stays this flawlessly glossy for multiple days.

All the thumbs up!

In Belgium, you can order the Orly Epix line online here, after registering (it's a weird webshop that should be redesigned, don't tell me I didn't warn ya.). A bottle costs 9,05€, and it's totally worth it if you ask me. Top notch polish. I wouldn't mind adding Tinseltown, Call my Agent, Casablanca or Green Screen to my collection.

How long does nail polish generally last on you before it starts chipping?

No comments