Beauty: Estee Lauder Modern Muse Eau de Rouge and Sculpting Gloss review

Beauty: Estee Lauder Modern Muse and sculpting gloss review

Today I will be reviewing two beautiful Estee Lauder products that I think you will like very much:the Modern Muse Eau de Rouge eau de toilette, and the Pure Color Envy sculpting gloss in Suggestive Kiss. Bot of these were sent to my  for reviewing purposes, but as always, all of the opinions stated are my own.

First up, Modern Muse Eau de Rouge, which has just launched. Estee Lauder already launched a perfume version of this fragrance in 2015 (Modern Muse Le Rouge), but this lighter, more affordable eau de toilette version is brand new and worth a sniff if you are looking for something fresh.

Beauty: Estee Lauder Modern Muse Eau de Rouge review
Beauty: Estee Lauder Modern Muse Eau de Rouge review

Starting with the obvious: the bottle is completely adorable, with the grapefruit pink liquid and the squared off bow cap. But we don't just buy fragrances for their packaging (although I have to admit it does factor into my decision a bit). This one has to offer much more than a pretty face. While the original Modern Muse Le Rouge perfume hits hard on the rose and fruity notes, this one is fresher, lighter, almost like smelling clean laundry in a summer garden filled with rose bushes. 

Fragrantica tells me that Estee Lauder's Eau de Rouge opens up with red fruits, rose and green notes, flowing into white floral mid notes and ending with vanilla and musk base notes, but that makes the fragrance sound a lot sweeter/more pungent than it really is, on me at least. On me, the fragrance has this almost ozone like quality, but not the cloying, fake ozone you often get in fragrances that actually aim for that scent. Eau de Rouge smells fresh, clean, feminine: wholesome and elegant with a little bit of a flirty kick. The rose is actually fairly subtle, not hitting you in the face like rose scents sometimes tend to do, but lingering on the edges of the woodsy, green notes. 

Only downside I notice is that it still has the same issue as other rose based scents have on me: despite me loving the fragrance, I inevitably develop a headache after wearing it for a few hours. If you have the same sensitivity to smells as I do, I would suggest giving this one a test drive my dropping by a beauty department and wearing it for a day or so before taking the plunge. For an eau de toilette, the longevity and sillage are excellent on me, and I only need one spritz in the morning to smell it all day.

Beauty: Estee Lauder Modern Muse Eau de Rouge review

Sorry for the overload of pictures, but the bottle just looks so lovely against the white blouse, grey mani and my dark hair! :-D

Next up, the Estee Lauder pure color envy sculpting gloss.

review: Estee Lauder pure color envy sculpting gloss in Suggestive Kiss
review: Estee Lauder pure color envy sculpting gloss in Suggestive Kiss
review: Estee Lauder pure color envy sculpting gloss in Suggestive Kiss
review: Estee Lauder pure color envy sculpting gloss in Suggestive Kiss

I feel like new lipglosses are always marketed in really random ways, like "glossy but not sticky!!!!" while, well, I've never tried a lipgloss that wasn't sticky, and if you wear lipgloss you're just going to have to accept that your hair will get stuck in it. That's true for Estee Lauder's sculpting gloss too.

What I DO like a lot about this gloss, is that its scent reminds me of strawberry sorbet (stay away if you hate lip products that smell like candy, though), that it has a load of gorgeous tiny champagne glitter in the formula, and that the amount of shine it gives is pretty epic - my lips almost seemed like a reflective surface. The product is also nicely pigmented: my own lip colour is a lot more red than this, and the pink still managed to cover it just fine. In other words, this is a really pretty, sweet (literally and figuratively) gloss that's just perfect for soft spring beauty looks: worth checking out if you're looking for a more high end lipgloss.

No comments