Outfit: sandal selfie with Fred de la Bretoniere

outfit: high waisted kickflare mom jeans with lace crop top and wedges


outfit: high waisted kickflare mom jeans with wedges
outfit: high waisted kickflare mom jeans with lace crop top
outfit: high waisted kickflare mom jeans with lace crop top
outfit: high waisted kickflare mom jeans with lace crop top and wedges
raw hem jeans with wedges
outfit: high waisted kickflare mom jeans with lace crop top and wedges
 top: old, DIY - jeans: vintage Levi's via Think Twice - belt: Vero Moda - sunglasses: c/o Polette - handbag: c/o Duifhuizen - wedges: c/o Fred de la Bretoniere - choker: I Am accessories

I've recently discovered the joys of wearing slightly oversized, high waisted denim - preferably from the menswear section of my favourite vintage shop. I picked up this pair on a whim in the monthly Think Twice sales for just 3€, and I ended up wearing them so often that I went back for a second, similar pair. These are slightly flared, which I like. It's a silhouette you don't see often, and it works really well with a crop top and a pair of platforms, like these lovely clog-like wedges. Seventies-inspired, but not too literal. Highwaisted skinnies generally make me feel like I'm wearing a girdle, which is why I generally opt for a lower waistline, but a high waist in a more relaxed fit is actually super comfortable. And they make your butt look pretty great, better than your typical boyfriend jeans. Worth checking out if you want to try something off the beaten path.

If you like my wedges as much as I do, I recommend you check out my instagram because I'm giving a pair of these away! All you have to do to enter is post a sandal selfie (a pic of you in sandals), using the hashtag #FdlBsandal, and tag me (@stylingdutchman) and @freddelabretoniere in the photo. These babies are definitely worth the minor trouble of competing because they're actually really comfortable for shoes this high, and you know how much I suck at wearing heels. I will pick a winner on the 30th of may, good luck!

No comments