Beauty: Clinique Petal Pop review

Beauty: Clinique Petal Pop review

I remember seeing this daisy print eyeshadow mono in early 2016 on Krizia's blog and completely falling in love with the product, but the packaging, the shape of the powder, and the pink-gold colour. I decided against splurging on the mono because I always need a bit of time before spending €20 on an eyeshadow mono - see also the story of my year long obsession with Urban Decay Solstice before finally buying it. Sometimes you need to wait and see if your obsession lasts before spending the money! However, I never forgot about this pretty baby, and I swatched it regularly whenever I was at Ici Paris XL. I finally got my hands on Petal Pop a couple of weeks ago, and I just had to review. Obsession satisfied :-)

Let's take a look!

Beauty: Clinique Petal Pop review

When it comes to eye-candy-ness, this mono scores top points. Do I even have to spell it out? The clear, modern compact, the daisy shaped shadow, the pretty pretty pink - it's all so very easy on the eyes.

Beauty: Clinique Petal Pop review

And yes, the love continues in the swatch. The shadow is a pale, cool toned pink that almost looks lilac depending on how the light hits it, with a cool, gold toned sheen to it.

Beauty: Clinique Petal Pop review

Swatched on my arm, the colour is on the sheer side, not mega pigmented. This is definitely a product that works well with a primer underneath, or worn on its own for everyday use in soft, easy makeup looks. I like just applying this all over the lid with my finger, swiping on some mascara and calling it a day.

Beauty: Clinique Petal Pop review

I applied Petal Pop over my Urban Decay primer potion here, and you see how rich the colour is - while it is soft and semi-sheer, it does contain a rich pigmentation that ranges from lilac to pink to gold. Like a sunset!

Beauty: Clinique Petal Pop review

I figured that Petal Pop would also look gorgeous patted on over a light pink lipstick, so I just went for it and was blown away! I might even like it better on my lips than on my eyes! Very similar to Jouer Citronade Rose. It also stayed nicely, retaining its metallic glow despite rubbing my lips together.

Beauty: Clinique Petal Pop review

Being impressed with how versatile the product was, I also applied a bit on my cheekbones as a blush/highlighter, and it looked lovely there too! Very much like Nars' Albatross aka my fav highlighter ever:


In sum, this little €20 eyeshadow mono packs a lot of punch. It is pressed quite firmly, so you'll need to swirl the product a couple of times before you pick up enough product, but I don't mind - that just means that the daisy pattern will last longer.

Thumbs up! Available at Inno, Ici Paris XL and the Clinique webshop.

No comments