Outfit: Statement loafers and 60s vibes

Outfit: Statement loafers and 60s vibes


Outfit: Statement loafers and 60s vibes
Outfit: Statement loafers and 60s vibes
Outfit: Statement loafers and 60s vibes
Outfit: Statement loafers and 60s vibes
Outfit: Statement loafers and 60s vibes
 sweater: New Look - holographic skirt: & Other Stories - fiddler cap: Esprit - handbag: Kate Spade NY - pointy toe loafers: c/o Zinda

Now that I've finished my first week back at the office, I realize I really should have prepped some content over the holidays so that all I had to do was hit "publish" and keep my posting schedule nice and neat. Alas, life remains hectic and I have not been as foreseeing as I could have been. It's definitely hard to balance everything these days: a new job, blogging, getting enough sleep, taking care of myself and maintaining my social life... Living is a full time job, man.

On to the outfit! My sister and I shot these pictures ages ago. I had some trouble finding the right background for this outfit and to work the lighting right without the sun washing me out in my white sweater, but in the end I love how this outfit looks so clean and crisp and pops off the screen. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, we have been getting the least amount of sunshine in half a century in Belgium over the past month, and it only truly hit me how grey everything's been lately when I started editing these pics. That sunshine is looking amazing right now, can I order some of that for next week please?

The shoes are the showstoppers here. I often get questions on how I incorporate all these statement pieces into my outfits but I don't really have any theories or secrets there. Which is a miracle in and of itself - I over analyse basically everything, so the fact that I don't have any thought process behind how to make statement pieces work must mean it's just instinctive to me in some way. I see, I like, I wear. I guess? I don't really have many basic items in my closet anyway, and I feel like loud pieces just work really well with other loud pieces as long as you keep your color scheme relatively harmonious. Is that a theory? It'll have to do!

Enjoy your Sunday ;-)


No comments